Lee la experiencia de Miguel Ángel en esta organización de servicio voluntario europeo sobre medio ambiente
Activity period: 05-01-2017 until 04-01-2018
Deadline for Application Forms and motivation letters:
Before 1 November 2016 we would like the team of the 4 EVS volunteers for this project to be defined.
description of organisation
→ Environmental Education:
Every year Prato runs out projects on environmental education for schools and citizenship. More then 50 students' classes of Prato (age 10-14 y.o.) will attend a course consisting in 2 seminars and a final workshop about ENERGY. EVS volunteers will support the staff of educators of Prato in specific tasks: preparing equipment for schools seminars, preparing pictures & presentations, support staff during the lessons, support students during activities and games on energy. EVS volunteers according to their knowledge of italian language may lead also the seminars with support of educators. During the year, Prato is also involved in other educational projects for schools. In case of activation of the following projects, EVS volunteers will be involved with the same tasks described above, including all the aspects related to promotion- advertisement (social network-mailing list- local press) of the environmental education activities that schools and groups may join in. Environmental education may take place at: Natural science center of Prato (www.csn.prato.it), inside schools of Prato, in public gardens and parks of the town, in prato's office and or other contexts. Here's some contents of environmental education activities:
1) Laboratories for young students on Animal and Biodiversity contents: Nesting and Homing of Animals, Animal's footprints, Water and Energy Experiments.
2) Outdoor activities: Hiking in the natural protected areas of Prato. Our province has one of the largest extension of green areas in Italy. Prato wants to promote the culture of environment by involving students and citizenship to visit these heritage that are under their eyes.
3) Projects on WATER-CLIMATE CHANGE-MOBILITY
4) Environmental Education in the provincial Natural Reserve of Acquerino Cantagallo where Prato manage the Mountain Hut Rifugio Le Cave → European and International Volunteering: Prato promotes among youngsters the opportunity of the new ERASMUS+ programme as well as those ones related to international environmental workcamps ran out by national department of Volunteerism.
EVS volunteers will be involved in the action related to:
1) Organization of at least 3-4 info-days/seminar during the year, on Erasmus+ opportunities for young people of Prato. These events will be organized in several contexts: local youth centers, high schools, local center for youth employment and in collaboration with other local realities that are engaged in volunteering and social inclusion.
2) Organization of meetings/ info-point on Erasmus+-Volunteering opportunities in the office of Prato where young participants can ask to our EVS volunteers suggestions and useful details about EVS abroad, how to prepare a good candidacy, how to find hosting organizations. These informal meeting will favour also the local integration of evs volunteers with people from Prato.
This integration process can be enhanced by coupling these meetings to recreational activities which are available in our office: TennisTable – Tea point – Language exchange (tandem) or any other recreational activities proposed by EVS volunteers! Before the organization and general planning of the above mentioned activities EVS volunteers will be involved in the preparation of leaflets, advertisement on social network, mailing lists, website, local press and so on.
C/ de la Cruzada
Prato, Toscana, Italia
Fecha de comienzo y finalización:5 enero 2017 por 1 año
Duración:3 meses o más
Tiempo requerido:A tiempo completo (30-40 horas a la semana)
Horas al día:Mañanas
Días de la semana:Entre semana
Información adicional:Se requiere una cuota
Opciones de voluntariado internacional:Bienvenida a los voluntarios internacionales